Edward A. Deglin, MD, FAAO
Board-Certified Ophthalmologist in Philadelphia, PA
Message From the Doctor
I decided to enter the field of ophthalmology, specifically retinal surgery, because it involves a challenging combination of medicine, surgery, and attention to detail. In addition, the ability to help preserve a patient's vision and improve their overall quality of life was very appealing to me.
When I started practicing over three decades ago, my goal was to provide patients with the most innovative diagnostic and treatment methods for retinal disease. Today, I'm proud to say that I've upheld these standards by offering the very latest advances in the field. Throughout my career, I've also taught hundreds of other eye doctors at several university medical schools.
I provide my patients with the utmost in personalized care. I like to spend time with my patients, answering their questions and thoroughly explaining any recommended treatment. I find that educating patients can help alleviate any fears they may have, plus it makes for better overall results.
- Board Certified: American Board of Ophthalmology
- Fellow: American Academy of Ophthalmology (FAAO)
Education & Training
- Fellowships: Retina, Wills Eye Hospital, Philadelphia, PA; National Institutes of Health (NIH) Special Fellowship, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC
- Residency: Ophthalmology, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC
- Internship: General surgery, Presbyterian University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA
- MS: Ophthalmology, Georgetown University, Washington, DC
- MD: Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, PA
- Clinical Associate Professor: Department of Ophthalmology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology: Salus University, Elkins Park, PA
Honors & Awards
- Recognized as one of "America's Top Ophthalmologists" by the Consumer Research Council
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Retina Specialists
- American Medical Association
- Ophthalmic Club of Philadelphia
- Philadelphia County Medical Society (Eye Section)
- Pennsylvania Medical Society
- Montgomery County Medical Society
- Research to Prevent Blindness (Ophthalmic Associate)
Schedule your appointment with Dr. Deglin at Philadelphia Retina Associates by calling (215) 335-3088 or request your appointment now. If you are a physician, optometrist, or other medical provider and would like to refer a patient to Dr. Deglin or any of our ophthalmologists, feel free to call or use our secure patient referral form.