Hugo M. Linares, DO
Board-Certified Ophthalmologist in Philadelphia, PA
Message From the Doctor
I take great pride in building physician-patient relationships by spending time answering questions and educating patients about their ophthalmologic conditions. I feel that this approach has created comfortable and trusting relationships between myself and my patients.
The complexities of ophthalmology make my day-to-day interactions with patients interesting and challenging. I love the detailed approach that diagnosing and treating vitreoretinal diseases requires. I get excited about the utilization of technology, such as lasers, optical coherence tomography (OCTs), and fluorescein angiography. I am so grateful that I practice in a time when technological advances are commonplace and offer better treatment options for my patients.
- Board Certified: American Board of Ophthalmology
Education & Training
- Fellowship: Vitreoretinal surgery, National Retina Institute, Towson, MD
- Residency: Ophthalmology, Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- Internship: University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey – School of Osteopathic Medicine, Stratford, NJ
- DO: New York College of Osteopathic Medicine, Old Westbury, NY
- BS: Biology, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Retina Specialists
Schedule your appointment with Dr. Linares at Philadelphia Retina Associates by calling (215) 335-3088 or request your appointment now. If you are a physician, optometrist, or other medical provider and would like to refer a patient to Dr. Linares or any of our ophthalmologists, feel free to call or use our secure patient referral form.