Joshua M. Greene, MD, FAAO
Message from the Doctor
My lifelong fascination with the visual process and how it works is what led me to the field of ophthalmology. I decided to focus exclusively on retinal surgery because I've always enjoyed working with my hands, and this ophthalmic specialty requires a great deal of precision and technical skill.
I really enjoy my job because I get to work with patients on a daily basis and help them find the most appropriate solutions for their vision needs. In addition, there are always new and exciting advances being made in my field, and I stay on top of them through continuing education and membership in many professional organizations. I am also proud to be a clinical associate at the Scheie Eye Institute, where I teach other eye doctors.
I always keep in mind that retinal procedures are new to my patients, so I take the time to explain everything in a way they can understand. I will also answer their questions and address any concerns they might have. My patients really appreciate the kindness, empathy, and respect I provide.
- Board Certified: American Board of Ophthalmology
- Fellow: American Academy of Ophthalmology (FAAO)
Education & Training
- Fellowship: Surgical Retina, Indiana University, Indianapolis, IN
- Residency: Ophthalmology, Long Island Jewish Medical Center, New Hyde Park, NY
- Internship: Internal Medicine, Albert Einstein Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA
- MD: Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- Clinical Associate Professor of Ophthalmology: Scheie Eye Institute, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- Former Director: Department of Vitreoretinal Surgery, VA Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Retinal Specialists
- American Medical Association
- Pennsylvania Medical Society
- Montgomery County Medical Society
- New York Ophthalmologic Society
- Long Island Ophthalmic Society